Focusing with Meade Microfocuser

Just wondering if there any users out there that are able to use Meade’s microfocuser in SGP. The focuser would be connected via ASCOM but I am not sure if this focuser would work with SGP for the auto focus component

I am looking at getting SGP but I need to know if this focuser is compatible

Thanks
Robin

Is anyone available to chime in on this?
Thanks
Robin

The Meade Zero Shift focuser is a DC motor. It doesn’t work with SGP…at least I haven’t got mine to work. But try this link for the USB focus controller that should work. Going to order one for myself soon.
http://www.store.shoestringastronomy.com/products.htm

Clear Skies!
John

I can control the focuser using the ASCOM platform. I am currently using BYEOS for my Canon camera and I can control the focuser within BYEOS via ASCOM
Would this make it possible or am I going way deep into the rabbit :rabbit2: hole
Thanks
Robin

SGP doesn’t(yet) have the ability to control “relative position” focusers ie DC motors. I think the shoestring astronomy usb controller would fool the SGP into thinking it is an absolute focuser. I am going to buy one soon, will post the results here.
John

Perfect
Thanks a bunch
Robin

Hi,

I’m curious if you have an update to combining the Meade focuser with the Shoestring product. Any experience you can share? Thanks!

-Matt

Matt
I did not buy the Shoestring adapter as it required a new control box and it was in USD and I am in Canada. I did stumble on another solution that is free to use and it appears to change the Meade microfocuser into a simulated absolute focused via a new driver for the LX200. I have not tried this out but it appears to be a viable option.

Details are at MHO - Software

Driver is near the bottom of the page

Robin