For the technical types -> Raspberry Pi 4

The venerable RPi3 has gotten a bit old and the RPi Foundation has been discussing the development of a RPi 4 for the past year or so. Now production prototypes of the RPi 4 are available and reveal the new RPi to be a major step forward. Here is an early review of the pre-release RPi4:

RPi 4

With Microsoft showing real interest in porting Windows 10 to the ARM architecture, the RPi4 could very well provide Microsoft with a substantial incentive to make that happen sooner rather than later. If so, PHD2 and SGP running on a RPi 4 could actually happen.

Charlie

It’s an april fools joke:joy:

@Xplode

Nope.

cm

It’s the wrong size to be the real thing, the actual RPi 4 won’t be larger than the current RPi 3+ while this is a lot larger.
You might also want to read all the comments on the serial numbers being translated to april fools…

@Xplode

Turns out is was an April Fools joke – a very elaborate April Fools joke. Hard to believe that some like the host of that well known tech review YouTube channel would invest that much time to produce a piece of fake news.

Charlie

almost as good as the BBC Spaghetti tree.

Had me until the incentives to MSFT making them anxious to port. (hahaha).
Hoping the 4 in 2020 has USB3 and more ram.

I love the pi. I just got into them a couple months ago and have 2. One runs my entire obsey remotely. REALLY you don’t have to be tech savvy. Just buy a stellarmate, plug in your devices… run windows on remote computer and kstars/ekos on windows. The PI is virtually transparent acting as a server.