Frame and Mosiac working? - not fetching a lot of targets with .94

I get a “error” searching for “NGC 6995” or “Cave Nebula”. M33 works. Using SIMBAD directly all work. Using .94 version of SGP

Same issue for me - last night nothing would fetch. Tonight, by chance I’m doing M33 and it fetched. But took a long time. .94 SGP too.

You can go here to test: SIMBAD to test. All queries I have work there. Few work in SGP. Again,something has changed and SGP probably needs to change as well.

I also get errors trying to get common targets. SGP does fill in the correct RA and DEC values. However, will either show a “Failed” in a little dialog box or sometimes, like using M57 as a search, will bring up M82, even though the RA/DEC are correct for M57.

I’m not seeing failures but it’s certainly a little slower than normal. What size fields are you all pulling? Time goes up dramatically the larger the field. At 4 degrees it seems decent.

Thanks,
Jared

2 degrees.

I just tried NGC 6995 again and it worked and it did take a bit, around 30 sec… Previously, as others have stated, it would display an error or “failed” message.

Still having issues with error messages appearing, incorrect size FOV. Fov not changing with increase in degrees or total shutdown of SGP if an image in not downloaded.

I’ve posted more details on the Framing and Mosaic error thread

Running V 2.6.1.114

Thanks Geoff

Seems OK tonight with a 4 deg FOV. Maybe the servers were cranky lately, or just internet routing was particularly bad those nights…

Unlikely, but clearly SIMBAD has some consistency issues either in their API or in their services for their APIs.