Framing and Mosaic wizard "Error"

I have been using the Framing and Mosaic wizard in the past few months however I am now getting an error when trying to set new sequences. I am attaching the error I am receiving as well as the logs for my attempts last night.

If I use the existing sequences created in the past with the mosaic wizard the scope will slew to the object and will plate solve as expected. The problem is with the creation of new sequences/objects. Once you enter in the object number it thinks a while and eventually shows the error. I have tried to download the directories again but that did not make any difference. I have upgraded to the most recent version of sgp pro. I am at a loss and looking for assistance with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

sg_logfile_20180802000752.txt (77.9 KB)

yes , i have same problem , hupe the supprot fix the problem soon

As has already been stated, as all was working fine with SGP until a change was made by the ‘supplier’. I’d have thought it would be down to them to fix it…

There are some workarounds (here & StargazersLounge), but I’ll wait till the supplier gets their finger out…

don’t suppose you’d mind posting links to the workarounds? I’d like to keep imaging while this is all being sorted. I have some ideas, but I’d rather not spend hours trying them out if there are ones that are known to work.

While it won’t give you a reference image, you can always get your target the old fashioned way by entering the coordinates directly, or by finding an image on Astrobin, DSO-Browser or Flikr and importing the reference data that way.

The way I do it, is to find what I want in CDC\Stellarium, then put the RA\Dec info into the J2000 location, see above, then just use PlateSolve to centre the target…

The way I found works, I go out to DSO-Browser.com put in what I’m wanting to image. Once DSO Browser brings up what I requested, I copy the RA & DEC coordinates from DSO Browser and paste them into the Framing & Mosaic Wizard, (FMW). Doing it this way brings in the image into the FMW and from there I can frame the image. It is a two step process, you can only copy either the RA or DEC coordinates. I haven’t found a way to copy both RA and DEC out of DSO. So I copy RA first and paste it into FMW then I grab the DEC and paste the DEC into FMW.

Not the greatest way but seems to work for me.
Mark

1 Like

Thanks. I had gotten so used to using the FMW that I forgot you could just enter via that page, lol. That’s why I hope they figure out what going on as this feature is one of my favorites in the application.

This may not be correct. I looked in the log, copied the URL of the image download to my browser, and the image was downloaded and displayed with no problem. There may have been some subtle change in how the data is presented but SGP needs to sort this out.

It’s one of the problems with making your functionality dependent on a third party over who you have no control.

?. Is there something missing here?

I’m having the same issue…looking forward to the resolution of this problem. I’ll try the manual input of coordinates for now,

Jim

This issue has been resolved. I will release a patched SGPro this evening (U.S. Central time). ~6 hrs from now. The issue appears to be from an upgrade on the SkyView side where security protocols underwent an upgrade to TLS 1.2 (maybe new servers… they seem faster).

1 Like

Many thanks Ken… will the patch work on v2 SGP? I’ve never felt the need to update since v3 came out.

1 Like

WOOT WOOT! Awesome

Thanks, Cloudy tonight though. lol

Rog

Yes, both version 2 and 3 will be patched.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Ken! Nice to hear that the image downloads might get faster too :slight_smile:

Will the patch go through on its own or do I need to update? I noticed that I cannot connect to the server when trying to update through the program