I have used the Framing and Mosaic Feature to setup my sequences. It has worked very well, but recently I had a few total failures. Before I get another clear night and get setup and have the sequence fail I am hoping someone could tell me where I am going wrong.
I believe my equipment is all entirely setup correctly and I know my scale is correct, my system has plate solved. This is my routine.
- Polar align with polemaster.
- Manually focus the scope. I take one second frame and I get my stars as small as possible.
- I have a PrimaLuceLab Eagle3 so I am not on line, I download into the Framing & Mosaic Wizard what ever object I am working on that night. Lets say it is M 51. I transfer that from my laptop online to the PrimaLuceLab Eagle3 as a sequence. I connect my setting to that sequence in the Eagle 3.
- I have a losmandy G 8 11 mount with a Gemni 2 which is connected into SGP and works with the ASCOM driver.
- Using the Gemni 2 driver I move the RA to the East and slight move the DEC and solve and sync (this used to work perfectly, now it will not), then I would go to the other side and solve and sync. This has worked but it fail last time. I think it was clear that evening and clouds where not preventing the solve and sync. The images I was able to take that evening had good stars in them.
- If everything was working at that point I would start the sequence and everything would work fine.
- First time I did this it did the meridian flip correctly
Last week I failed at the point of getting any sync and solve. I just had to pack it in.
The week before I did fine until the meridian and then it would not plate solve. Then I had to pack it in.
Does anyone setup their sequences this way. I would appreciate help knowing where I am going wrong. Thank you.
Is the “Slew to” and “Center on” what could be causing the failure if they are both not checked? But why would my sync and solve fail? I have attached a short video of the failure.
My plate solve
Video note the scope did not move to the target. The scope was connected to SGP. This has worked before without a problem.