I have been trying to build a model on Losmandy Gemini 2 using the plate solve feature in Sequence Generator Pro with little success. The general workflow I have been using is:
- Turn on Gemini, select Cold Start and get to the arrows on the hand controller.
- Connect Sequence Generator Pro with Gemini.NET.
- Turn on the option ‘Sync does additional align’ in Gemini.NET. I feel confident that I am doing this correctly, because when I revisit the setting its still checked.
- Use the arrows on the hand controller to move to a random part of the sky.
- Use the Solve and Sync function in SGP.
- The software solves with 100% confidence and says its synchronized.
- I repeat several times with different parts of the eastern sky. (trees and house blocking west)
- Try a Goto with pathetic results
Some general info.
-Running the gemini version of firmware that came out in August 2016.
-Sequence Generator Pro 220.127.116.11
-Using local astronomy.net plate solver
-Polar Aligned with PoleMaster
-Date/Time/Location are accurate.
I feel fairly certain that I am doing something wrong or missing a step or five. Any help would be much appreciated.