Good run then mystery failures

sg_logfile_20190901194023.zip (140.2 KB)

I was having a good run of imaging yesterday when two separate failures occurred. Log uploaded. One was a large announcement ‘something terrible has happened’ (or similar). What I observed was the following behaviour. SGP would take the scope to the target, take and analyse a sample image, deliver the result and then do a correction. Usually this correction might be 1 or 2 small slews - and then start imaging. Good stuff so far. When the problem occured it seems to be that the scope is slewing around the target, not towards it, so it never arrives and then runs out of allocated runs (=4). Normally 2 or 3 runs is OK every time. A second failure might not have been associated with SGP - the laptop suddenly reported that ‘a device is no longer recognised by win-10’ (or similar message). I assume that this implied that the main camera or guider *both feeding USB) had ‘failed’. Any help or analysis much appreciated.

Lawrence Harris

It’s hard to say what exactly was going on here. The only thing I am sure of is that SGPro could not convince PHD2 to restart after the centering routine.

I shall keep a digital record of what happens at the time so that I know exactly when things went wrong. To restart things I closed everything down and re-booted the laptop. The difference is that the scope pointed several minutes of arc off the selected centre so I could not stack both sets of images.

There is always next time :smiley:

Lawrence