Help needed - G11 G1 Lvl 4 Meridian Flips

Hi all,

I have been unsuccessful in getting SGP to perform a Meridian Flip of my G11 Gemini 1 Lvl 1.04.

I’ve tried various parameters, timed flips, manually initiated flips, all to no avail. I also have an EQ6 via EQMOD and SGP Meridian Flips are seamless with that set-up.

I’ve seen numerous threads on this and other forums and have attempted the general solutions proposed but nothing works

Key set-ups I have include:

• Gemini L4 1.04
  • Gemini West Limit = 100
  • Gemini East Limit = 102
  • Gemini Go-To Limit = (Tried 0, 2.5, 10, 90)
  • SGP 3.0.24
  • SGP Meridian Flip Limit = (Tried -4, 0, 4, 10)
  • Latest ASCOM Gemini driver 1.0.72
  • I’m in Melbourne Australia (so Southern Hemisphere)

If I initiate a Meridian Flip via the G11 Hand Controller or Gemini software, it works. I just can’t get SGP to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated, especially somebody with a similar set-up that can pass on their working configuration of the Gemini & SGP settings.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul,
We’ll need the SGP logs where you’ve attempted a flip or have tracked through the meridian.

The last time I was using my G11 was around 1.0.54 driver version and that was working well. But obviously that’s been a while.

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Jared,

Thanks for the reply.

First, I do have a quick question about Logs. When I went back to look, my SGP logs were gone so I suspect they only stay for 7 days or something like that? Can this be changed to retain them longer?

I initially tried to replicate the issue, but the log was massive (128MB) so that wasn’t going to work, so over the weekend re attempted just the issue and closed SGP down to get a smaller log, which I’m attached here.

Ignoring SGP, I can perform Meridian Flips in Gemini if I invoke them manually, so that part works.

In SGP, I think there is something wrong with the GetSideOfPier criteria …… it’s like it is back to front. If I pick a target just to the west of the meridian (so the scope is on the east), I should get up to 6 hours before 1 loose the target at the west horizon, but SGP sees this as a negative suggesting it wants to do a meridian flip back to the east, which would put the Counterweight Bar above the mount.

I can use SGP if I turn Meridian Flips off, but only for objects on the East side of the Meridian. Setting up a sequence with an object on the East works. The mount will slew correctly, Plate Solving works, and all is good with the exception of Meridian Flips. BUT, if I try to pick a target to the West of the Meridian, I have no success. The mount does slew to the target, but Plate Solving fails. I suspect the GetSideOfPier is wrong and the Plate Solve image is upside down, causing the failure.

I’ve tried various combinations of Gemini Mount and West Go-To limits, but nothing seems to work.

Any advise is welcome.

Thanks,
Paul
sg_logfile_20181116232327.txt (224.8 KB)