HFR Calculation does not refresh

A small bug:
If you click the star to get an HFR for the current image, it pops up just fine. If you then change to a prior image, it does not do a fresh HFR analysis on the new image. The old one stays on the screen. This requires you to click the star again to turn off the HFR, then click star again to turn it back on. Not a big deal, but should be an easy fix.
This worked in the fast. Not sure when it got busted.

@jmacon

Thx for the report, I believe I have this fixed.

This does not seem to be fixed in version 2.6.0.10. Click star for the image stats, then just leave the stats showing. When a new image is taken or you display an older image, the same stats remain on the screen. Maybe this is the way it always worked. Although I thought it would recompute stats when a new image was displayed.

Right, thx. Looks like it was broken again after being fixed.

In the same time, it would be great if you could look why the displayed infos (circles and hfr values) on the image are not rotated with the image, this is a very old issue.
Thanks.

@Pascal

These issues are not, in any way, related. As of now, we don’t have any plans to address that issue.

1 Like

Sorry but I have already reported this issue some month ago. You’ll do what you want, I know that.

Right. I recall this. I rarely do what I want with SGPro… instead, we try to prioritize the most popular requests. Instead of saying we have no plans to address that issue, I should have said that we have not yet seen enough feedback or evidence from users to indicate that fixing this would be of any real value. I agree that it is a real issue.

I don’t mean to tell you how to program and I don’t know how the code is structured, however, the Bitmap class does have a RotateFlip method so you could draw the image not rotated, add the HFR information and then rotate the finished image. Probably does not require a lot of new code. This would avoid the challenge of figuring out how to adding the HFR data to the rotated image.

Hi Ken,
thank you, I prefer your second answer, it sounds better to my poor user ears.
I know it is not a very important issue ( but it can be an really ‘quick to found’ issue), just a little boring in some case, it was just to help to perfect SPG.
I understand that issues have to be prioritized but minor problems have also not to be forgotten. It is reassuring for an user to hear that a minor issue have been noted, and to have the hope or better the insurance, that they will be addressed in a more or less long time.
Regards.
Pascal

This is still not completely fixed (2.6.0.14). A couple of small issues still remain.
If you click star, it calculates the HFR, displays the selected star circles on the image, and updates the HFR info in the Image Statistics panel. Great.

Now if you left arrow to see the prior image (star still clicked), it now calculates new circles and a new HFR, but it does not update this info in the Image Statistics panel. It sets the reported HFR to 0 and star count to 0. In order to see the new values you must either click and unclick the star again, or you can just tab to a different panel then tab back to the Image Statistics panel.

It would be really slick if you could just keep changing backwards and forwards in image display and have the HFRs continue to calculate and display automatically.

One other tiny issue: When you click star to turn it off, frequently it requires a second click to actually get the HFR mode and display to turn off.

OK, Thanks for the report. We will try to look at this at some point in the future.