How do I get Sequence pane back?

I am new to SGP. I have used it a couple of times and I am impressed with the capability. While checking out some features I pulled the sequence pane off of the screen and I have not been able to get it back. I tried to generate a new sequence, resetting the sequence, but I still cannot get the sequence pane back on the screen. I know this sounds awfully trivial, but I do need help.

Thanks,

Roger

Hi Roger,

this should help:

Best regards

Reinhard

2 Likes

Ctrl+w will toggle the window on and off. This may bring it back to a single monitor. You can also resize SGP in hopes that it will toggle the resize event.

Thanks
Jared

Jared

I tried cntl-w and it did not work. I also tried to minimize and resize the SGP window but I still cannot get the sequence pane back.

The only thing that I did that worked is to reload an older version of SGP and reinstall. Seems to be a bit extreme method just to get a pane back! My configuration is Windows 10 and I use dual monitors, so I am constantly moving items from one monitor to another.

Roger

@REMenard

In a dual monitor setup, Windows does not support (AFAIK) moving a dialog box of one application to the second monitor without moving the entire application. In your case, to get the dialog box back, I believe you would have to drag the main SGP application window to the second screen and then move SGP back to the main window.

Unfortunately, I am not at my dual monitor setup, so I can’t try to be sure.

Charlie

Charlie

Thanks for your response. The only way that I can get the sequence pane back was to re-install version 2.6.0.8. Tried uninstalling then re-installing 2.6.0.14, but sequence pane did not appear. Trying to re-install 2.6.0.14 after installing 2.6.0.8 did not fix the problem. Currently I am running 2.6.0.8 since that is the only one that shows the sequence pane.

I will just have to remember not to pull the sequence pane off of the monitor.

Roger

Jared

The only way that I could get the sequence pane back was to re-install version 2.6.0.8.

I tries to uninstall then reinstall 2.6.0.14 …. I tried to install 2.6.0.8 and then on top of that install 2.6.0.14 … none of this solved the problem.

Installing 2.6.0.8 worked, so that is what I am currently using.

Roger

Jared

I am still having difficulty getting the sequence pane back. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I tried re-installing the newest version. I cannot get the sequence pane to appear. I tried cntl w, I tried clicking on the sequence from the view tab. Nothing brings back the sequence pane. I even tried working with only a single monitor, resizing, tec.

Any ideas??

Roger

Hi Roger, I was just experimenting with something that may work. Of course I did not move my sequence pane completely off the screen (just to where I could grab it again if need be; I had it barely visible at the very side of the screen)…so there is no guarantee…but fingers crossed:

With SGP open, right click on the bottom bar of Windows (to the left of the clock etc.), and choose to show windows stacked or side by side. This should make your sequence window visible again. Now Maximize your SGP window and the sequence window should be within it…then put it as you wish.

Hope that works for you…it is an awkward one for sure :slight_smile:

Kinch

Worked like a charm!!! I did as you suggested. Right clicked on the bottom bar and choose the ‘stacked side by side’, and the sequence pane re-appeared. Magic!!

I then made the SGP full screen, close and re-opened a few times. The sequence pane remains visible

Thanks for your help, I will have to remember that ‘trick’ for the future.

Roger

Great news Roger - glad you got it sorted.

We need to thank & acknowledge Reinhard (Reimer22) for his input above…it was his post that pointed to the solution.