How do I stop tracking when sequence is aborted?

When my sequence is aborted for different reasons (php2 lost the star), my telescope is tracking without control and it hits the mount. Can i stop the telescope when the sequence is aborted?

Yes, sure. You need to tell SGP to park the mount at the end of the sequence. Parking is the official way to stop tracking and the end of sequence is executed both on abort and on normal end.

Kind regards,
Horia

Hello Horia,

Thanks for your answer, in my case when the PHD2 loses the star, the sequence is aborted but the telescope doesn´t go to the park stop (I have fixed this position previously), in the log file it specifies that the sequence is aborted, but the telescope continues tracking until it hits the mount.

This is not the way it should be. You may want to upload the complete log file for that night (first zip it).

Kind regards,
Horia

Make sure the “Park when sequence completes” option is selected in on the Telescope tab of the Control Panel:

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Horia,

The weather here is not good now, I upload the log as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Salva.

Hi Jared,
This option is for “complete sequences”, but if the sequence is aborted, in my case (PHD2 guiding loses the star), it´s the same?.
I only want to stop or park my telescope when the sequence is aborted to avoid it from hitting the mount.

Thanks.

Salva.

Yes the “End of Sequence” options are executed whether the sequence ends successfully or due to an error.

Thanks,
Jared

Is your mount capable of controlling tracking or parking using SGP?

Hi Chris,

I believe that it can, when the sequence isn’t aborted, it goes to park position, and the mout makes the plate solving correctly.

Mount = NEQ6.

Thanks!

El 10 juny 2019, a les 9:27, Chris via Main Sequence Software forums@mainsequencesoftware.com va escriure: