How to connect to Paramount MX+?

I’ve got the ASCOM driver installed, but when I try to connect to the mount I get “TheSkyX has been selected, but does not appear to be installed or configured for scripting.” Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Been using SGP since it came out, but this is my first time with a Paramount. I get the same message whether I’ve connected the scope in TSX or not.

Kevin

Kevin,
You must be running SkyX along with the ascom driver to control a paramount. … Bruce

I was running TSX, but apparently it needs to be run as admin, at least the first time. When I did that, it connected. From this thread, I thought there was some downside to running as admin, but maybe not. Hey, as long as it works!

Kevin

It only needs to be run as admin once. That allows the interfaces to be registered, after that it should run normally.

Thanks Chris. I admit that I don’t really know what “run as administrator” even means, I just know that sometimes I need to use that. I’m sure this whole astrophotography thing would be easier if I actually knew what I was doing. :slight_smile: