How to pick up the goal of TheSkyX

Hi.
I would like a target position, found in TheSky, to be used by SGP.
How can I do it?

The only way I know of right now is to highlight the RA in TSX and select “copy RA” and then paste into the target in SGP, then repeat with Dec. That is how I have always done it. It would be nice if you could just import. Given that Bisque products are often somewhat of a walled garden, I am not sure if that is even possible.

Of course one can always just import the target coordinates shown for the object, but I prefer to find a wide field image of the object on the web, match stars visually with my FOV displayed in TSX and move about to get the exact composition I want. Otherwise you can often not get the parts you really want. I almost never use the listed coordinates for a given object.

You can transfer the ra/dec values in a slightly easier way.

Just right-click on the RA coordinate of the object in TheSkyX Finder dialog - probably best to use the J2000 version - and select “Copy RA/Dec values to clipboard” or something like that.

Then go to the SGP target dialog and paste into the RA field - and it will fill in both the RA and Dec values.

So you don’t have to select any text - and it’s a single copy/paste to go from TheSkyX to SGP to transfer both the RA and Dec. values.

Frank

Thanks for help.