I would like to buy SGP, should I wait for 3.0?

Hi,

I’m considering purchasing SGP but I read it’s 3.0 is coming soon and I would like to have latest version. I don’t want to pay now and 46 days from now pay again. Any thoughts or suggestions? Have I missed anything about the payment model that I don’t have to worry about and perhaps I should buy now?

Thanks

Miquel

Anyone? I’m just looking for some high level direction. Thank you

I would buy SGP without waiting. Indeed I already did!

Yes, we will ALL have to pay again when 3.0 is released. And then again when 4.0 is released.

But in my view that’s OK. Think of it as a software subscription. It’s less than $10/month, and provides fantastic functionality that gets better every year.

SGP used to be an even better value at $100 one-time cost. But in my opinion it’s still a pretty good deal at $100/year.

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for chiming in. I just did not want to be unlucky and pay $100 now and then, two months from now, 3.0 is released and then pay $100 again. It would be nice to have some kind of upgrade path cost-wise, so it does not become $200 in 14 months, if I can avoid it. And I agree with you, it’s not that much money but we all have different budgets and I want to enjoy the hobby without breaking my little bank account. So, I’m carefully buying used equipment and measuring my spent. I’m sure for more fortunate folks is just a little expense but for me with my tight budget, I’m watching every dollar. However, I will follow your advice and hopefully I don’t miss out on 3.0. I really appreciate your guidance, thank you so much for your help.