I'm still trying to get a sequence ran

Is there anyone using a Moonlite focuser with mini v2 controller with an 8 in Newtonian ? I got my mini v2 before Thanksgiving and thought the weather hasn’t been great , I still spent 8 nights not being able to run a sequence? I watched youtube videos on setting it up with SGP for computer control and even went the way of having Jared help me but, still wants to give me excuses why it doesn’t want to run a sequence " auto centering or my environmental device . URGGGGG. can someone please post there settings that use a similar setup. Help ? Ronnie Sgp doesn’t like it when I add new equipment.

What problems are you having? Mine was pretty straight forward and I image ok on the first night so I’ll need specifics to help out.

Thanks,
Charles

Charles , I’ve had to replace my connection cord that Jared identified but, I still get warnings and alerts telling me that auto centering isn’t on and then after a couple nights it started throwing in my environment device error .b It just hasn’t been fun being out in the freeze just to collect some data after it’s been raining forever with a night here and there. Any help you can give will be great , do you use teamviewer? I new to this autofocuser and not very computer literate.

SGP is likely detecting a setting disagreement somewhere. Like you have something set for auto center but don’t have a plate solver. The error dialog should tell you the setting that is causing the discrepancy.

You can also upload your sequence here and I can take a look.

Thanks,
Jared

Jared , Bad weather has me back inside. I’ll check the settings again and go through everything that I had done , I can try it with{ simulator checked} . The 27th and 28th I also set up new sequences and Sgp was telling me that auto-centering wasn’t on , I went to control panel and I had checked it in equipment setup. Then I tried again, I got the same message , I click yes to continue anyway ansd then a message telling me no environmental device setup , Sgp was showing me the focus temp. the whole time Crazy isn’t it. I’ll run a simulation and see if I get a different outcome and post the results.

Click the gear/cog icon beside your target in the sequence window and make sure you check slew to and center on. Mine does not check both by default for some reason and I have to remember to go there every time and do that.

Thanks,
Charles

cthomp97 , I tried to get going last night but, clouds kept coming , hopefully I can get to it tonight. Ever since I got the moonlite , I can’t seem to run a sequence . I get setup during daylight , check and make sure everything connects , save it, open SGP after pole master, plate solve to a close bright star to my target , focus on the star , open phd and get a good guide STOP , back to Sgp PLATE solve to target , center it then errors auto centering is not on for this target, I click yes to continue anyway and another popup about my environment device not being connected for this target and over and over again the same messages. I use auto centering sometimes to double check to see if I need to adjust but, it usually tells me 62 - 100% CONFIDENCE ? plate solve will get it close and I use frame and focus to center it or put it where I need the target. Everything was cool beans until I added the moonlite mini v2 controller, I think ascom is messing things up.

If you click the gear icon next to the target name and click “center on” after you have focused does that work?

Thanks,

Charles

I talked with my buddy in S . Carolina and he walked with me through my focuser setup and that’s where the problem was I had too many items checked. Problem is solved so far , I was able to run a sequence test and I’m Woohoo ’ ing , thank yall that gave there help and support . Ronnie

I only have focus every 45 minutes and focus before sequence starts checked if I remember correctly. Great to hear you ran one!

Thanks,

Charles

1 Like

I had my doubt after it wouldn’t connect the AG , I had a heck of a time getting a star to guide on . After 4th star VIOLA went back to SGP and I began to glow with excitement , WOOHOO ! . Now to see if I can get it to run repeatedly the next times I get out. Thank you Charles {It was a JOYOUS MOMENT !

You shouldn’t need to start PhD or connect it’s devices. Just let SGP do all that for you. In the Autoguide tab check the box for it to connect it etc. Congrats!

I get my autoguiding going , then hit stop, open Sgp and let it take care of it. Thanks for the heads up . I’ll start doing that.