Image Download Never Downloading

Hi,

I think this might be a hardware issue and I am hoping someone with experience might be able to help.

The frame and focus was working with ASI 1600 fine and I had already auto focused with one filter and was working on another filter (Ha) and I was also calibrating PHD2 using the ASI 120. And suddenly the focus images never really got downloaded after a capture and the download just never stopped. I tried everything I could and finally restarted the computer. AT that point I was able to get one image downloaded and that was that - it went back to perpetual downloading of the image.

Could it be that two ZWO cameras on the same hub cannot work? What do you suggest that I try?

Thanks in advance.

Farzad

I have a similar problem and the same cameras (ASI1600MMC and ASI120MM) both connected to a usb 3.0 hub (powered) and this to the capture laptop.

Occasionally during the Frame and Focus process the camera never finishes downloading the image. But in my case it is enough to connect and disconnect the camera using the corresponding button in the sequence window to get it working again.

My first step was also to disconnect and reconnect, then I went to the scope and physically disconnected both from the hub and reconnected, then I had to restart SGP, and then I restarted the computer. I was able to get one image out of the 1600 but PHD2 was reporting that the 120 is inactive.

I don’t know how difficult it would be to code into SGP a way to report a bogus connection and possibly talk about the cause of it but it would definitely be handy.

Farzad

I had the same problem and had to use usb2.0 to fix it with my 1600mm Pro.

How did you use a USB 2 to fix it? I am connecting the cameras using the cable that fits them (USB 3), and then connecting to a USB Hub; and I believe the hub is a USB 2.

What drivers are you selecting in SGP?

I had a similar problem with two ZWO cameras and filter wheel (ASI1600MM Pro and ASI174MM). I used the hub on the 1600 camera for the 174 and filter wheel with one USB 3.0 cable from the 1600 going to a USB 3.0 on the capture laptop. I changed drivers to the latest ZWO drivers with the choice of camera 1 or camera 2. After configuring camera 1 to the 1600 and camera 2 to the 174, all was well. I also use subframes with PHD2 to minimize data from the guide camera. This solved the problem and it has not recurred.

Since then, I have installed a NUC pc on the OTA and have run separate USB 3.0 cables from the NUC to each camera. This works very well also.

Phil

Phil, thanks. This looks promising.

I am using ASCOM drivers, the latest that I get from ZWO. I don’t think there are different ones for different camera models. So the 1 and 2 actually means that driver supports up to 2 ZWO cameras and we can choose them for different function. I am definitely going to try it because I think I was choosing 1 for both.

Farzad

My asi1600 is connected to my usb3 powered hub. I just unplugged it from my usb3 port on the laptop into a usb2 port.

I’ve been trying to fix this “Downloading…” loop/forever problem for years. There’s never been a solution from SGP.

I can use SharpCap or other software and get hundreds of images without a drop.

I had a lot of faith in SGP as the best astro acquisition software, (especially since I paid for it), but now I’m looking elsewhere.

J