Image downloading failure

I’m running 2.6.0.25 and having problem (sporadic) where after setting up a sequence hitting run sequence only to find at the end of the first sub frame ‘downloading’ just keeps scrolling…

Everything fine when running frame and focus.
I’ve tried changing cables, full reboot of the lappy etc. I’m running a newish LT, Win 10, i5 processor with 8 Gb ram and 2Tb of storage.
Cameras: Nikon D5100 mono and SX 825 with (Xagyl FW, Lodestar running off it’s built in hub) and a Lakeside focuser. Mount iOptron iEQ45 Pro.
Happens with either camera?

Any thoughts please

It sure sounds like a USB issue to me, which can be a bear to track down. Are you using a USB hub?

Yes there is a hub internal on the SX 825 mono which feeds direct to the lappy. Mount, focuser run direct to the lappy as well.

I would suggest you take one device at a time and see if you can identify which device might be hogging the USB traffic. Or, try connecting all the equipment to a different USB hub (don’t use the 825 hub) and see if the same problem occurs.

Thanks Joel, Will try again later and update accordingly :thinking:

Joel - changing hubs gave the same result so went through adding/replacing cables. Found a point where changing the main usb from the camera hub back to the lappy cleared things regarding download failures.
However the filter wheel then decided to stop rotating!
Getting there.

Well, at least you have determined that it is indeed a USB communication problem. USB cables fail all the time, but they usually don’t just totally fail all at once. Sometimes little quirky things will start to happen and gradually get worse.

Thanks Joel,
Time I think to replace the usb link cables for some better quality ones - probably the hub too.
Clear skies
Francis