I started an all night sequence early this evening to create 320 Bias subs and a full nights worth of 240 second Dark subs on both my SBIG8300M and my Canon 6D cameras.
The good news: no crashes on either one (so far) after 7 hours of first the Bias frames and then non-stop darks.
The not so good news: the SBIG8300M bias directory looks like this for the first 30 frames:
Approximately 5 out every 30 frames are a duplication of the prior frame. Total image count at the bottom shows 319 images, but the sequence dialog showed exactly 320 frames completed, as it should. So around 50 were duplicated and one was skipped.
And here is an image of the last 30 frames of the Canon 6D bias directory:
No duplicated frames, but there are 23 missing frames, the total count at the bottom showing 297 images and the sequence dialog showed the correct 320 processed frames.
Note that frame 0292 is missing.
And there is a consistent 8 seconds between all the listed frames.
The SBIG bias run used 0 delay seconds between frames. The 6D run used 1 second delay between frames.
I set the delay to 1 second for the SBIG and ran 80 more frames…same result. Duplications.