Image Statistics

I’ve been using SGP for a few years but just came across Image Stats. There is Help Information available but only a list of fields with no explanation for their meaning. Can anyone explain how this can be used, or point me to some Information?

It looks like it could be used to get the ideal exposure for a subject, if that is the case I would be very interested in knowing how to use it.

Thanks
Jon

@midnightlightning

The middle section here explains how to use ideal exposure time: http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/ImageStatistics.html

Thanks Ken, I saw the help information but am hoping for a bit more detail about using it, e.g. does it work for all camera types, is it applicable to NB and RGB sort of stuff.

Jon

@midnightlightning

To the best of my knowledge, it does not specify situations in which it might not be valid. Anecdotally, I have found it less than useful for NB imaging and pretty accurate for LRGB. I have never tried it personally, but see no reason it wouldn’t be useful for sensors with a Bayer matrix (essentially tiny broadband filters)

The link goes to an odd site?

Looks like that PDF is dead :frowning: I’ve pulled the link.

Jared