Increased FLI focuser failures

The new focuser algorithms drastically increased the exceptions that I see from my FLI Atlas focuser (they usually happen when the focuser is still moving and SGPro issues a new focuser move command). E.g. last night: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KcEqw-v71VQ1IzSzE5Q21VeFE/view?usp=sharing (at 1:36:45 AM).

Anything that can be done about this? I haven’t been able to finish a sequence as sometimes at night this happens.

Thanks
MarkS

Looks like there might be an issue with your driver?

[3/25/2015 1:36:34 AM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Focuser moving to 53192
[3/25/2015 1:36:34 AM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Focuser move call complete
[3/25/2015 1:36:45 AM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] MoveFocuserAbsBlocking: Focuser position 53192 matches requested position 53192

So the focuser is done moving here (we checked the pos and everything). Then when we attempt to move to the next position

[3/25/2015 1:36:45 AM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Moving focuser to next position (57992)…
[3/25/2015 1:36:45 AM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Focuser moving to 57992
[3/25/2015 1:36:45 AM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] ASCOM Focuser: Error in Move(abs) : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80020009): Focuser is currently moving)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object args, Boolean byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String namedParameters)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object providedArgs, ParameterModifier modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String namedParams)
at SequenceGenerator.SafeFocuser.Move(Int32 val)
at au.Move(Int32 absolutePosition)

Likely we are moving too fast for the focuser and it has not yet updated its internal state… I’ll see if we can control this better on our end.

I made some changes to be nicer to focusers and also a change that will prevent lockup of the sequence when this happens.

Yei - can’t wait!!! Thanks!

I finally had the chance to try out the latest SGP release with these fixes. And they seem to work really well. Usually when the focuser range needs to extend “to the right” I had this problem. But now everything went well multiple times. Thanks!!!