I have two issues I am trying to diagnose… One seems similar to this:
although it happens to me even more regularly when attempting to take bias frames.
I posted about that issue in that thread.
But I am starting to see another issue with the camera, an SBIG STT8300.
The second issue most commonly manifests as an alert window: SBIG Shutter Error. In practice the camera seems to be unresponsive, sometimes recoverable by disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes not. Prior to last night, I have been able to image 6 nights in the last week and a half (first at TSP, now in western NM). This issue has shown up 0, 1, and 2 times on different nights.
Last night after a good run until 2:30, I changed camera configuration (removed reducer) and was unable to restart a sequence. The camera appeared to connect, plate solved okay, but couldn’t get through a focus run without an error. Disconnecting and reconnecting the camera didn’t seem to resolve this. Also, trying to loop with PHD generated the error, but I am using the SGP API.
The log from last night is shared… As a bit of a directory:
- Initially connected and ran flats until 9:48
- Started a two-target sequence that included a meridian flip and target change. Concluded around 2:17.
- Shut down PHD and disconnected camera, removed reducer, tried to restart and recalibrate.
- Tried disconnects and reconnects. Almost got sequence restarted a few times, but got stuck on focus run.
One observation… the log is littered with “waiting for meridian, mount can’t flip normally…” lines, but they seem to be showing up when the target is not near the meridian. I think they are showing up even during successful imaging periods. Not sure if that matters or not. Also, mount is an AP1100 and can and does flip, not sure what “normally” means. Again maybe not important.
Thus far, this problem has been so unrepeatable (and since I am on an astronomy adventure, anyhow), that I kept plowing through with either disconnect/reconnects or power cycling, if necessary. But I am not sure where I stand, now.
My guess is that this problem is unrelated to the first one list above, but I am not absolutely sure.
To date, I have tried different cables, different ports (on same hub) and verifying sufficient power. Oh, and running the camera on CCDOPS… where it does work.
SGP Version 18.104.22.168, SBIG drivers up to date, Windows 7 64 bit Pro.
Suggestions or advice are welcome.
Thanks and regards,