Is there a way to stop/restart PHD2 at the end of each frame/event/target?

I have a dual rig,with a master scope and slave scope. I get differential flexure between the two scopes. To get around this I’m using two instances of SGP and PHD2 - with the second instance of PHD2 controlling an SX Active Optics that keeps the second camera on target. However during a run the cumulative amount of flexure exceeds the adjustment capacity of the SX AO (at which point the SX AO can no longer function effectively). So I’m looking for a way of getting PHD2 to realign itself to the guide star between frames or events. This will cause minor differences in alignment between frames - but this is similar to dithering and not a problem. Currently the only way I can find of doing this is manually pausing SGP at the end of each frame, and then stopping/restarting PHD2. An automated solution means I can go to bed at night!

1 Like

One approach would be to use a pre- or post-event “Run script” setting in SGP to run a script that restarts guiding in the second PHD2 instance. The script could use phd2control to restart guiding (phd2control.exe stop then phd2control.exe guide)
If you decide to go with this approach and you need any help getting the phd2control part working, feel free to contact me by email (andy.galasso@gmail.com).

1 Like

Many thanks Andy. That sounds like just what I am looking for. I will give it a try and get back to you if I need some help.