Issue centering an image (Beta 8)

Try it, it is truly amazing!

Agreed.
In my opinion, it’s one of the best of a whole stable of great features.

Mark

Agree, as well! I’ve had 2 “wow” moments in my astrophotography journey. The first was using PixInsight – despite its learning curve, it just made sense to me. The second was using F&M Wizard in SGPro w/ platesolving, etc.

got it - I’m ok with bugs, I understand it’s in the nature of the beast.
I just found the suggestion to buy an add-on to fix this problem somewhat problematic.

After giving this a little bit of thought, I believe there is an alternative way of centering a target , until the “center here” feature gets fixed:
By connecting to the mount an external planetarium software that has a FOV function (I use SkySafari via the WiFi scope), it should be possible to center on any point in a captured frame (assuming of course the planetarium FOV is configured correctly!)

You could try to use your own reference image if you have it or search the internet (i.e. Astrobin.com) for a reference image and use “Center Now” feature. This will frame your captured image based on the reference image. No need to use external software.

Peter

You can use Elbrus or pinpoint. This is only an issue when using astrometry.net as your solver. The other two work just fine.

Thanks
Jared