Issue With Beta .242

Hey there Ken and Jared,

Just installed .242 beta and there seems to be a problem (Looks really nice by the way)

I have an equipment profile set up and set to apply as a default sequence on startup

On starting .242 I get the following Error box:

Error creating sequence from profile “NEQ6-Pro + QHY8L + CC”
Value cannot be Null
Parameter Name: Source

.242 continues to load to the interface. If I then use ‘Apply profile to sequence’ in the ‘File’ menu it shows the above profile in the list as a blank line, also shows my default profile in the Equipment profile manager as a blank line too. Attempting to apply any of the ‘Showing’ profiles to the sequence shows the same error box and sets all of the equipment in the sequencer box as ‘No ******’. Once you attempt to apply any profile to the sequence it then is replaced by a blank line in the profile list AND the equipment profile manager.

Incidentally, if I try to apply one of the following:

Canon Template
LRGB Template
NB Template

It appears to apply them successfully without an error box, I never created these profiles so they must be default ones. This issue only appears to be affecting user created profiles.

Hope that helps.

Paul

@pscammp Are you able to share your profile (*.sgp)? If you are unsure of where to find it, let me know and I’ll provide additional guidance?

Here you go Ken,

Not sure what the .Bak one is so i’ll add it anyway

Cheers
Paul

@pscammp Thanks. This issue is resolved… will release another beta this evening

I found another issue, the progress bar for events doesn’t work as it should, i have taken 19/32 images, but it’s all grey.

It’s an older sequence, no images takes yet today.

Target window looks better, but i think it would be improved more with smaller text and less empty space between targets.

Can confirm the same issue here.

@Xplode @gboulton

Thx for the reports. I did not test with a partially completed sequence. This is fixed in 3.1.0.244 (available now)

Whoops… put the wrong version up… you need 3.1.0.245 for that last fix

Ken,

I think you need to calm down. You need to test the software a bit more before releasing.

I downloaded .245 but it has so many problems and displaying several error messages that I don’t know where to start. I would probably go back to .232 where it was my last most stable version and slowly go from there.

Peter

I have a problem with restart after safe… I created an unsafe condition last night and after safe returned everything carried on just as it should…well done people!!!
BUT a few hours later the sequence encountered an unsafe condition and just shut everything down and disconnected all equipment with no attempt at a restart.

LOG - https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ilfdmlwdmp4jft/sg_logfile_20190918110505.txt/file

forced safe restart 22:29:35:013
unforced shutdown 22:29:35:013

@topboxman

That is really not helpful. Please be more explicit or go back to the stable release. Obviously we test and obviously plenty of people are using it without big problems.

2 Likes

@martin_h

There are literally only two conditions in which SGPro will shutdown due to unsafe.

1.) SGPro loses the connection to the safety monitor
2.) Your safety monitor reports unsafe.

SGPro does not attempt to color or interpret these signals. Also… we, unfortunately do not have insight as to why the safety monitor thinks an unsafe condition exists. If your monitor emits logs, you may check here to see what it was doing:

[09/19/19 03:12:51.347][DEBUG] [Safety Thread] Shutting down due to Unsafe Conditions...

Ken,
All fine here now with your latest Beta release, no more error boxes.

I ran a simulation sequence and everything went as smooth as silk.

Thanks Mate
Paul

Yes I understand that, but the first unsafe shutdown then restarted when “safe” was recorded. 22:29:35.013][DEBUG] [Safety Thread] Shutting down due to Unsafe Conditions…
22:41:16.855][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Sending Notification: Status - Starting target “IC342”…

The second “unsafe” seems to have ignored the fact I have “Restart sequence when conditions are safe” checked.
Or am I missing something here?

Oh, I see. I misunderstood. I’ll take another look.

I was too tired to created screen shots last night but here they are:

1. At startup, the splash screen does not go away until I click on anywhere on th screen.

1. Then came this error message.

1. Clicking on OK button and came another error message:

Reverting back to .232 resolves it.

Peter

@topboxman

It seems to be something specific to the profile you are using. I will be able to find out what it is much faster if you are able to provide it for inspection.

Here is a logfile.

sg_logfile_20190919111158.txt (16.9 KB)

Peter

Same here. Fresh install.
Uwe

log_profile.zip (6.6 KB)

@topboxman @Barni

This error occurs because of a value in your default profile. Unfortunately, there are literally hundreds of values within. If you can provide the profile (sgp file), I can find it very quickly.

Unless you have changes it, SGP files are in:

C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro