Issue with Celestron Motor Focuser USP Driver

I downloaded the ASCOM USB Driver dated 22 March 2019 (not the Unified driver for Celestron mounts on the ASCOM page) from the Celestron site to use with the Celestron motor focuser on SGP. It said it installed. I am using a C11" EdgeHD on an AP Mach 1. I have a USB cable that runs from the focuser to a USB hub on top of the scope (10 ft off of the ground in an observatory) which then runs down and is connected to the laptop for power. I ran the utility program with no problems but when I tried to connect the Celestron USB ASCOM driver I got an error message.

I have the same setup for my Moonlite focuser and it connects and runs properly. So, not sure what I am doing wrong.
IMG_1590

The Celestron USB focuser was developed by Celestron so try asking them. Their TeamCelestron forum is good, you get directly to the developers.

Your issue looks like a missing file, perhaps reinstalling the Celestron software would help.

FYI, I am using the Focuser and USB driver with SGP without problems – using a USB cable because CPWI doesn’t expose the ASCOM interface to the Focuser yet. Something is definitely messed up on your installation I think.

Looks like I got it working. No idea what I did other than I deleted the driver and re-installed it but that was like the 4th time I tried that. Suddenly, it connected to com port 5. No idea why is all of a sudden connected.