Issues with 2.6.0.23

Finally had a chance to use 2.6.0.23 and discovered some issues with the automated meridian flip. I have the meridian flip configured to perform camera rotation, plate solve / centering.

I was in my observatory at the PC, so I was able to watch all this happen. Scope performed flip correctly and then initiated the 180 degree camera rotation. However, instead of waiting for the rotation to complete, SGP proceeded immediately to start taking a sub for plate solving. Since the sub just contained circular streaks, the plate solve failed. SGP then went into recovery mode. At the end of the recovery delay, SGP initiated another plate solve sub. Since the rotator had finished moving this sub was fine. I did see the plate solve use a 30 second exposure even though 15 seconds is specified.

The third issue is that PlateSolve2 regularly pops up and shows it is using 3000 regions even though the plate solving has been configured for 200 regions. Repeated resets in Control panel to 200 regions does not fix the issue.

The SPG log shows that an exception was thrown when initiating the rotation during the meridian flip. However, no issues with the rotator occurred at any other time. The meridian flip failure occurred three nights in a row. On the fourth night, I reverted back to SGP 2.6.0.20 and the meridian flip performed correctly with no errors.

I have put the SGP log file in a Dropbox. The flip occurred 6/18/17 @ 00:31.

Charlie