Keeps crashing when taking an image

wonder if anyone can help here, my computer died on me last year (motherboard fried) so the cheapest option for me (according to a computer shop) was to buy a cheap 2nd hand computer exactly the same and use that motherboard, I did this and ever since whenever I run SGPRO and take a single image (which I do regular to check my exposure and framing it either all freezes up or takes an absolute age, I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling and I cant update it as everytime I try I get the window pop up (An error occured while connecting to the server
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.). I am quite happy to send a log file somehow but I havnt actually imaged with sgpro for a month now (weather main reason). Any rough ideas what it could be? im guessing its a bug but not sure.

I am unsure. It could be a bug, but that seems like a pretty noteworthy defect. It also depends on what version of SGPro you are using. Unfortunately, other software can cause SGPro to crash… specifically drivers for your equipment. Here is a general list of things that can cause SGPro to crash:

• There actually is a defect in SGPro
  • The camera driver is crashing and SGPro is not handling it well
  • ASCOM install is corrupted
  • General equipment failure or improper connections like USB hub failure, a very cold USB hub, unpowered USB hub, USB port failure, etc.

Please do send a log so we can see the specific error, but also try to use your camera in a different software application to rule some things out as potential causes.

Thanks Ken, for the quick response ,I know the sgpro version is 2.6.1114. I will send a log as soon as possible. I also use sharpcap, and firecapture and I dont get any problems with these, I also run CDC with ascom and get not trouble. My usual routine is start up ascom and unpark mount, then sgpro, then CDC and lastly PHD2, I have never changed from that order except to try and determine if one of those was causing it. As I said its only since the computer guy changed the motherboard over but I will send a log thanks Lisa

Hi Ken,

Think I sorted dropbox out this is my log file from sequence generator.

@Lisabrrtt

Unfortunately, there is no useful information in the logs, so…

• Are you using a USB hub? If yes, does it still crash when the camera is connected directly to the computer?
  • When was the last time you updated the ASI driver? Early versions of this driver were unstable.
  • It would also be helpful to turn the camera logs back… if the camera driver crashes, SGPro can also crash along with it.
  • While you certainly do not need to upgrade, it would be interesting to see if this issue goes away when using SGPro 3.1. You can install the 3.1 trial and use it for 45 days at no cost. If interested:
    • Perform a test using the same ASCOM driver you are using now
    • Perform a test using the “native” ASI driver