Local Astrometry.NET for network

Is it possible to use the local ANSVR to act as a resolver for all networked computers instead of downloading index files on all computers?

Ok think I may have answered my own question. I didn’t realize that I could type something into the “End Point” drop down.

That’s right, install ansvr on one computer then use the endpoint setting to point all the computers to the one running ansvr.

BTW, ansvr is not currently able to support multiple concurrent solves. If that is something you need, then let me know and I can look into adding support for that.

Andy

Yes multiple instances would be a good option although I don’t find it too slow with the multiple connections to one port.

It’s not a matter of speed. The problem is that if you try to solve from two different PCs at the same time it will probably not work (unless it is updated to support this.)

Andy

Andy will it handle concurrent solves from multiple clients? Never tried this. Mostly just wondering :slight_smile:

I would assume the web server could handle this, just haven’t looked into what things are like on the backend.

Thanks,
Jared

Seems to hit or miss if I’m solving two at a time but that would make sense since the thread that seems to be doing the solving (backend.exe) is only spawned once. If I solve one at a time it works beautifully.

no

it cannot handle more than one at a time

I would be interested in hearing whether you are doing this just to see if it works or if it is something you need for your imaging setup. If the latter, I can look into adding adding support for it.

The reason I use it is because I am moving all my mounts to computer on a stick setups. They are limited in storage capacity and processing power (not to mention the I/O on the built-in storage is terrible). I would control all instances from a control computer A.K.A my laptop because it is more powerful.

No need at this point to add any work into it. I was just looking into the capabilities. Since now I know the limitations I can work around them.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. If you do need it in the future, let me know and I should be able to add support for concurrent solves without too much effort.