Losing connection with camera

I have developed a problem in recent days that is completely new.

I have SGP running on an Eagle 2 computer. My imaging camera is a Trius SX694, and I use a Lodestar guide camera on an OAG. The Lodestar is connected to the Trius by a mini-USB cable, and a single USB then runs from the Trius to the Eagle 2.

This has been working largely successfully until recently. I upgraded my SGP to the latest beta versions, which I hoped would solve my meridian flip problems. Since then, I have not been able to take a sequence of more than two or three images. The sequence starts without a problem, and PHD2 does its thing without any apparent problem. At the end of the exposure, the moment when the image is downloaded to SGP seems to take an inordinate amount of time. Sometimes, SGP freezes, on other occasions it aborts the sequence. Thereafter, it can’t see the Trius, even though I can see from Windows device manager that the Trius is still connected. Throughout this, PHD2 continues to receive images, so I am confident that the physical connection is still intact, as the two cameras are sharing a USB connection.

If SGP doesn’t freeze, I cannot get it to reconnect to the Trius camera, often requiring a restart of SGP or even a reboot of the computer. On other occasions, unplugging the USB cable and plugging it in again and then restarting SGP seems to restore contact.

Although PHD2 appears to work without a problem, I replaced the USB cable as a precaution, but that made no difference.

Therefore, I’m left with two possibilities. The first is that there is something in the new beta release that is causing the problem. The other is that, coincidentally with the software upgrade, my camera has developed a fault. Is it possible from these log files to determine what is happening?

sg_logfile_20191020210811.txt (15.4 KB) sg_logfile_20191020224125.txt (492.5 KB)

A further observation. Frame and focus worked fine - SGP was able to take and download 4-second exposures for as long as I wished. I’ll try installing an older version of SGP to see if that fixes the problem.

@Zoidberg45

I am not sure… the larger of the attached log files does not show any issues with the camera. Everything appears to be OK there. The smaller one shows an error immediately on connect. In this case, we don’t really have much insight as we just return the message from the SX driver. As a guess… this, to me, might be representative of what a connect looks like when no camera is present. Have you checked the eagle port providing poser? Is it delivering the voltage you need? This information may be useful to the driver’s author:

[10/20/19 21:08:18.283][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Connecting ASCOM camera: ASCOM.sxCamera.Imaging0.Camera…
[10/20/19 21:08:18.319][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Failed to connect to camera. : CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.sxCamera.Imaging0.Camera ConnectedSet System.Exception: Unable to complete set_Connected request - ex = ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.WriteException: WriteFile write error=6 (The handle is invalid)) numBytesToWrite=8 numBytesWritten=0.
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.USBInterface.Write(SX_CMD_BLOCK block, Object data)
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Controller.Write(SX_CMD_BLOCK block, Object data)
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Camera.getModelUSB()
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Camera.getModel()
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Camera…ctor(Controller controller, UInt16 cameraIdx, Boolean bAllowUntested, Boolean bDump, String dumpedModelName)
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Camera…ctor(Controller controller, UInt16 cameraIdx, Boolean bAllowUntested, Boolean bDump)
at ASCOM.sxCamera.Base.Camera.set_Connected(Boolean value)
(See Inner Exception for details) (System.Exception: Unable to complete set_Connected request - ex = ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.WriteException: WriteFile write error=6 (The handle is invalid)) numBytesToWrite=8 numBytesWritten=0.
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.USBInterface.Write(SX_CMD_BLOCK block, Object data)
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Controller.Write(SX_CMD_BLOCK block, Object data)
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Camera.getModelUSB()
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Camera.getModel()
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Camera…ctor(Controller controller, UInt16 cameraIdx, Boolean bAllowUntested, Boolean bDump, String dumpedModelName)
at ASCOM.sxCamera.usb.Camera…ctor(Controller controller, UInt16 cameraIdx, Boolean bAllowUntested, Boolean bDump)
at ASCOM.sxCamera.Base.Camera.set_Connected(Boolean value)
)
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 630
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.SetTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 647
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type parameterTypes, Object parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 373
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.AscomDriver.set_Connected(Boolean value) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\AscomDriver.cs:line 144
at r0.fs()