Losing Sequence Progress

This has been going on for several years…and this happens on two different kits both running SGP on two different laptops.

Here is the problem. I will lose sequence progress information and my sequence will be wiped clean of any progress. The sequence information is still there but the green progress bar is gone and it returns a screen that says I have not taken any light, darks, bias, or flats. I can easily reset the values for each event but it’s an annoyance I wish didn’t happen.

Normally this happens when I am running FLATS Calibration wizard but not always. …and yes, I save my work before running the Flats Cal Wizard but the info is still missing when I try to re-open the saved Sequence.

This has happened on all versions and and several different laptops used over time.

Last night I was trying to help a friend (on phone) with issues PLATE SOLVING he was having with SGP and he told me that he just lost all of his progress. My guess there are others who have had this happen and can help me take the needed steps to make sure I can eliminate or minimize this from happening.

This is probably because you have “auto save” turned on. You can turn this off in the Settings dialog if desired.

I don’t recall any reports about this in the past. Maybe there was… they all blur together at some point. Anyhow, please tell me the latest version of SGPro you are using where this behavior was observed. Then, if you know the time it last happened, please locate and send those logs to us, otherwise, please keep it in mind so that, when it happens again, you can grab them.

Version 3.1.0.432 is running on both laptops. I will turn AutoSave off.

It happened last week…since then I have updated to the above version. I always update as soon as I am notified of a new release.

BTW, I do like the improved ((IMHO) auto focus routine.

OK. Please grab the logs next time and tell us the approximate time you observed the behavior.

I will……but it is not a major issue with me. I was hoping that I was doing something on my end that caused that to happen …and an easy fix as in “turn of autosave” would solve. I will send logs the next time it happens which is a fairly frequent.

SGP is awesome software that has made my imaging sessions run super smooth and uneventful. Most issues…if not all that I have had were user caused.

Thanks for looking in to it though!

1 Like

This vanishing progress issue happened this morning on both kits. I have attached both logs by way of an email to you. I added a prefix of SV70T to the log where that scope was used. The other log was a 8 inch Edge SCT not that this info would make a difference - used to distinguish between the two in further updates.

This vanishing progress issue happened this morning on both kits. I have attached both logs by way of an email to you. I added a prefix of SV70T to the log where that scope was used. The other log was a 8 inch Edge SCT not that this info would make a difference - I just used the prefix to distinguish between the two if there are further updates.

I did turn off AUTOSAVE before I begin last night’s sessions.

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200109064809.log is missing)

(Attachment SV70T-sg_logfile_20200108163305.log is missing)

Please see here for details on how to get us logs:

More information here How to Submit Logs in SGPro - SGPro Support - Main Sequence Software

Support requests go in this category #sequence-generator:sgpro-support

I just got another message (email with link) from you but cannot find your message in this link. However, in the message your wrote,

“There is one other similar report to this also, but I have not been able to locate anything. Did the progress get reset when the sequence opened or some other time?”

What happens in my case stems from doing flats…or other supporting files after the imaging session. I always save my sequence and do so frequently…however, even though saved, when I lose a “progress info” and then try to re-open the file WITHOUT first saving…the newly opened file ALSO has the PROGRESS info missing. This I know to be repeatable. Because it happens so often (and always has through prior versions of SGP on different laptops) I always save my imaging session the morning after…and before doing flats. Since my last communication with you I haven’t had a decent night to image …but as soon as I do, I will pay close attention to the details of doing flats to see when it occurs…and will note the time so you can reference the logs more accurately.