Losmandy G11 Meridian flip not working

Description
Hello, I have a Losmandy G11 using Gemini 2 goto, I have been using this mount via Ascom for several years.
I started using SGP the middle of last year and after a few weeks learning curve, I was pleased with my setup and managed to get SGP’s systems all working with my mount. This also included the auto meridian flip in SGP.
Recently I have not been able to successfully achieve a automated meridian flip, when connected to SGP through the Ascom driver.

SGP counts down to the flip time, starts and then confirms the plate solve, stops the guider, then initiates the flip, but the mount remains on the east side and SGP eventually times out and gives an error message.

The my settings are the same as before, when the meridian flip worked. I have tried changing the setup, (times, goto degrees and mount limits but nothing appears to correct my problem). I have also re-entered all the setting that worked before and still no flip.

Please could someone who is using a Losmandy G11 with Gemini 2 and Ascom driver advise me on how I can resolve my problem.

My setting that worked last time are, 16mins past, Ascom goto limit 3deg, W limit 97deg (ie 94deg-16min)
see last attempt in log.

Aprox time of issue: 20:23 ish

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.454
.NET: 4.8

We can help you troubleshoot, but need more information. Specifically, we need to see corresponding Gemini logs. SGPro is partially blind here. All it knows is that it asked your mount to flip, but it didn’t.

[03/03/20 20:22:01.021][DEBUG][Pier Flip Thread][SQ;MF;] Meridian Flip: Sending Telescope command to execute meridian flip
[03/03/20 20:27:12.344][DEBUG][Telescope Thread][SQ;MF;] ASCOM Telescope: Failed to flip because starting pier side and ending pier side are the same!

If you can locate the Gemini logs (or turn logging on and try again), it will likely lead to the setting or constraint Gemini needs changed.

Hi Ken
I’ll see if I can locate the Gemini log file.

If it’s not set up to save, then I will activate it in Gemini. Then ill re-do the flip sequence (when its clear)!

Thank you for your help.

Regards

John

Hi Ken.

I have found the attached log file for my Gemini system.

Hope this helps.

regards

John

(Attachment ASCOM.Gemini Telescope .NET.1929.159380.txt is missing)

John,
Nothing is attached. I’d recommend sharing it with dropbox or similar.

Thank you,
Jared

Hi

Please see attached Gemini Log

Regards

John

(Attachment ASCOM.Gemini Telescope .NET.1929.159380.txt is missing)

John,
Still missing. I’m guessing you’re replying via email? That doesn’t work for attachments.

Thank you,
Jared

Hi Jared

The log file has been rejected from your server as its a txt

file?

Details:

ASCOM.Gemini Telescope .NET.1929.159380.txt: Sorry, the file you

are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions:
jpg, jpeg, png, gif).

Is the Dropbox via

the SGP program?

Regards

John

(Attachment ASCOM.Gemini Telescope .NET.1929.159380 is missing)

John,
Correct, SGP will upload logs to dropbox and share them as part of a support request. For other logs you’ll have to manually share them. Please see here:

You can also send them to support@mainsequencesoftware.com, although this is not ideal as they don’t stay with the post.

Thank you,
Jared

Jared
Thanks for the info

I’ll check ip on your info links and then check my files.

If they look right, I’ll send them through.

Regards

John

Closing due to inactivity. If this is still an issue, please send the requested information and “uncheck” this thread as solved.

Thanks!