Manual Rotate for Center Now button?

Is there a way to induce the manual rotator functionality before actually starting the sequence.

For one of my setups, I have to use an OAG. Starting the sequence triggers the “On target start, rotate to” check box in the “Target Settings” window, But I need to be properly rotated to find a guide star and get autoguiding going before I start the sequence.

The “Target Settings” window’s “Center Now” button does not seem to tell me how far to rotate. It would be nice if there was a “Center and Rotate Now” button. Or maybe there is and I just haven’t figured out how to do it.

My current workaround: Add a new Event that takes a single frame. Uncheck all of the other events. Run the sequence which causes the Center and Rotate to happen. Uncheck the new event, recheck all other events, and resume the sequence.

I am using version 2.3.7.2411 with a “Manual Rotator”.

Thanks - Shane

Hi

+1 on this I also have to faf around on this
I take a sync pic and manually work out the rotation error !

Regards

harry

If you right click on your target you have the option to “Rotate Camera” that will pop up the manual rotate dialog and allow you to rotate your camera without having to actually slew or be on your target.

You can also choose to “Center and Rotate Camera” which will run the same process that starting the sequence does. So you have a couple of options there without actually starting the sequence.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared. I figured that I was just not seeing something somewhere.
This is more than adequate for what I need to do.

• Shane

PS: Thanks to Ken for the next response, also.

I have been looking for this option as well and not sure how I missed it, guess I was thinking if the Manual Rotator is connected a center here would also check rotation.

I did wonder how it would have worked with an OAG, my next purchase,

thanks

PS.New forum is a great improvement over Yahoo Groups

You can use the rotator controls on the control panel or right click the target and rotate to target setting.

Thanks Jared. I figured that I was just not seeing something somewhere.
This is more than adequate for what I need to do.

• Shane

PS: Thanks to Ken for the next response, also.