MaxDome II Dome Control with SGP

I have recently installed the Diffraction Limited MaxDome II (MDII) rotation and shutter control boards on my Explora-dome and I had hoped to be able to use SGP to control the shutter and dome rotation. I setup an equipment profile in SGP with just an ASCOM .Net Telescope simulator and the MDII. I tried using both the MDII ASCOM driver as well as the ASCOM Dome Control drivers. When I use the ASCOM Dome Control directly I am able to open and close the shutter without any issues. However, when I try to do the same from SGP with the dome connected it does not work. I did not have Slave to Dome check box checked as I was just trying to test the dome shutter and not worried about the rotation and mount tracking.

Does anyone here use the MDII controllers with a SGP? If yes, what ASCOM driver are you using to connect to the MDII controllers? Does the Slave to Dome button have to be checked in order to be able to open and close the shutter from SGP? If someone would be willing to share their settings that would be really appreciated as I really want to get this to work.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Andrew J

Did you find the answer to you question? I am looking at the same set up Maxdome, explore dome

Thanks
Alan

Hi Alan.

I am still in the process of getting SGP to work with the Explora-dome with the MDII boards. The boards work OK when using the standard ASCOM Dome Controller, but still haven’t worked out all the bugs to get it working with SGP. Plan on doing some more testing over the holidays. I will report back with the results when I get a chance.

Happy Holidays and Clear Skies,

Andrew J

1 Like