MBox Weather Station

Hello Folks!

Anyone know (or already using) MBox by Astromi.ch ? It works with SGP ?
More in general there is a compatibility weather stations list for SGP ?
I see that USB BlueAstro is still unavailable.

Thanks,
Francesco

I have used the MBox when the temperature probe on my focuser gave out. SGP has no problems with it and it was used for temperature for autofocus. It worked great using the ASCOM driver.

Frank Z…

Much appreciated Frank !!

Thankyou

I think the BlueAstro stick maybe still available in Europe and have asked Teleskop Express. I bought one for a friend several months after the developer passed away but this may have just been old stock.

Thankyou buzz.
Have asked TSE just waiting for response but it seems to be not in stock at the moment. (seen from web shop)
so who knows… other sellers… the same no BlueAstro is available.

Regards,
Francesco

Per had close ties with Baader Planetarium and TS. If they don’t have it, that is probably it. Mind you, I would love to combine the functions of my stick and the cloud watcher into one unit. Maybe time for another adventure into Arduino land.

The BlueAstro weather stick will be in stock from mid December from Teleskop Express in Germany.

that’s a good news.

As noted above, MBOX works absolutely fine with SGP. I use mine also for auto-focus and no issues at all.

Ray - the GPS version looks interesting - do you happen to know if you can use it for setting the PC clock? I’m thinking of those times when I’m not linked to the Internet and need to set the PC clock. My stick PC loses a few seconds each week.

I have the GPS version and as of the latest software release, the PC clock cannot be set. I tried as I thought it would be useful for the eclipse to give me a better time synch just before starting the eclipse image sequence. It is supposed to synch the time on 10 Micron mounts, but not the pc at this time.

Frank Z…