Meridian flip did not take place

Meridian flip has never failed on me once in the past, however tonight as I was imaging, it did not take place, causing the camera to hit onto the tripod and naturally guiding starting to go off.

Basically the sequence of events are simple:

1. Started imaging after 6pm, everything is going smoothly, SGPro slew to my target NGC6357, solve and centered and went on happily capturing my subs
  2. At sometime between 9:15-9:30pm, I noticed PHD2 guiding starting to have HUGE errors. I check my system it still has not flipped and it has well and truly passed the flipping point
  3. I checked out the camera was pressing against the mount, and stopped everything

Other potentially useful information:

• Mount: HEQ5 Pro running EQMOD V2.00k driver, ran in POTH mode with PHD2
  • PHD2 for guiding, also running the mount in POTH mode
  • Cable using Shoestring’s EQDIR USB cable

Please find attached the logs (I noticed something odd just past 9pm, which would be about right when it should try the flip) and the sgf file I used for the session: Dropbox - File Deleted

If there are more information needed, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brendan

Is this new behaviour or something that has always happened?

I haven’t used SGPro for all that long (this is a new hobby for me), but up until this time, it has worked. So it has worked 3/4 times. The 4th didn’t work.

I’m interested to know whether it’s something I did wrong or another part of the system went wrong and how I can prevent this in the future.

I had an issue with the meridian flip and had to dial back my EQASCOM to V128k… works perfectly now.

Thanks, I’ll give that a go. How did you come to try that idea? Did your logs look something like mine as well?

Can’t say I studied logs… I’m not that type of person! But did find that after I swapped computers and updated to the latest EQASCOM it all went wrong. Reverted to v128k and not an issue since.

Did you mean EQMOD mount drivers? Or the main program?

V128k of EQASCOM