Meridian flip not executing

AP1100 mount with Telescope set to SkyX Ascom. Mount does not recognize meridian flip command.
Used both delay (4 minutes) and no delay.

JK, There is no such thing as a meridian flip command in ASCOM. The flip occurs if the mount receives a slew command though ASCOM when it is on the wrong side of the meridian. If this happens very close to the meridian itself, a number of folks have seen some anomalies due to where the mount thinks it is versus external applications.

ASCOM Telescope.SideOfPier has a getter and a setter. If the mount supports setting SideOfPier, the mount can be flipped. There’s even an app described in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\Platform 6 Developer Components\Developer Documentation directory that can prove whether or not your own mount supports it.

While there is no flip() command, setting SideOfPier is equivalent.

Thanks for the clarification - in a separate post, I thought either Ken or Jared confirmed that they use the slew command, rather than side of pier.

According to this, they use sideofpier if it’s available: Enabling Early Meridian Flip on AP mounts - #5 by pfile - Sequence Generator - Main Sequence Software

As people say ASCOM has a set SideOfPier property, but it isn’t always possible to implement this. There’s a CanSetSideOfPier property that indicates if this is possible. If it isn’t then SGP assumes that a normal slew will cause a pier flip once the mount has tracked past the meridian and then does a normal slew to the object position. The delay after crossing the meridian is to ensure that the mount really has tracked past the meridian.

If SetSideOfPier is true then a set of SideOfPier can be expected to cause a slew to the current position but with the mount in the other pointing state. The current position will be read from the mount. At least that’s how I implement it.

I was able to solve my problem by selecting AP Mount ASCOM in lieu of SkyX ASCOM for telescope. SkyX ASCOM doesn’t work or it is unreliable for “flips”.