Meridian flip problem and autofocus display problem

Hi

A couple of issues I have noticed in the last few weeks

1. the autofocus screen/graph seems to appear and disapear during autofocus- its not hiding just disapears – autofocus still works and the screen appears at the end !!!

2. I did a manual induced meridian flip and the routine did a plate solve and then nothing happened I aborted after a few mins - so sgp had not crashed

Log is here Untitled Document look about 8.52

Cheers gents
Harry

Hi Harry,

Assuming your imaging laptop is connected to the internet, we have made this report process quite simple. Just go to “Help -> Report an Issue” and SGPro will upload the logs and create a post for you.

I’ll take a look at the meridian flip. As for the AF graph… I don’t think there is much we can do as I can think of nothing that would cause that that SGPro is doing. Maybe a Windows issue? Not really sure. Windows handles almost all of the drawing.

Hi
normally the computer is conected to the internet but it was not playing ball for some reason
will try harder next time with any problem :slight_smile:

Harry

I am not certain what caused the hang during flip, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it wasn’t hung, but rather engaged in doing a whole bunch of unnecessary work (affects only Pinpoint users) and it would have moved along if given the chance. Is the machine you use for imaging old or slow? Version 3.1.0.453 corrects this behavior.

Hi
Thanks for looking
The laptop is a 2year old i7 with 16gig ram so should be fast enough !
I have noticed some slow behavior after plate solving , like I get a plate solve result and the scope syncs - but then can take a long time before the platesolve window comes up ( can take up to a min sometimes ) and of course this blocks some actions
I will try the next version :slight_smile:
Harry

Hi
Just a quick item could you remember the plus or minus 90 deg in camera rotating for people like me with a square chip

Regards

Harry

Hi

New version seems to have the flip problem

Thanks

Harry

I can see if it’s the same as the other one if you post logs.

Hi
sorry I typed in a hurry I meant seems to have fixed the flip problem

sorry about that again

Harry

1 Like