Method for determining filter offsets

@airscottdenning

Thanks for the ideas… pretty great implementation.

Moving to feature requests.

Great idea and I was thinking of doing something similar in Python, namely, reading the FITS Focus absolute data field and graphing that versus temperature since I need to get all my offsets for my filters - I am relatively new to SGP (and confess I am still a little confused as to when the auto focus routine runs versus just applying the offset. I will be able to work it out in three years when we next get a clear night :flushed: )
Is SGP written in Visual C++ or Ruby??? Should be quite easy to code that procedure @Ken @Jared ?

silly question, if I run an automatic series of focuses to compare different filters where do I find the .fits headers for each focus?

was a silly question and have found the answer by looking!!!

Great effort! I have downloaded and tried to run the files but stuck at the FITSio step… do you have a link for that ? All I could find is CRAN - Package FITSio - CRAN-R… is that the correct library ? and how do we install the libraries… Guess I need to learn R to have at least a basic understanding of things :frowning:

OK, I managed to install FITSio…now struglling to read the files with your read.focus.data script…

I’m happy to help you debug if you like. I’ve tried to include comments and use easy-to-understand variable names. Also tried to be as general as I could, but inevitably some of the code is specific to my situation.

Please feel free to email me airscottdenning@yahoo.com for help getting this to work.

1 Like

A what? Bahtinov Grabber? haven’t heard of it before.

“Methodd for determining filter offsets”
was reading this thread yesterday and saw Ken’s post saying that it was being moved to feature request, but that was a few years ago… did this ever make it to a working feature in SGP?

Please use Mikael’s SGP Auto Focus LogViewer, SGP AF Logviewer v1.2 Release .

Bernd

I just looked for AF logs and do not have any files in …\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\AutoFocusLogs folder. Do I need to turn on AF logging somewhere? I don’t see any setting so far…

SGP AF LogViewer evaluates the normal SGP logfiles. These can be found in the C:\users<user>\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator folder (the files are named “sg_logfile_<date+time>.log”).

Bernd

thank you… I had just figured out that the AF logs are part of the SGP log files. I’ll give this utility a try. looks promising for what I’m trying to do.