Missed it by 'that' much!

Last night I capped a few frames of the Helix nebula.

They were actually pretty good but not well centered. I had used an image off astrobin for the plate solving location. Thing is the frames did not start until after 2:00am and I was well asleep by then. Otherwise I would try the ‘center here’ command.

I was wondering, is there any way to adjust the centering using one of the captured images after the fact?

Framing and Mosaic Wizard is probably your best bet for accurate centering. You can use a well centered frame as a reference image for the target. Just right click it and solve the image and then when the dialog pops up telling you it is complete just have it set the reference for the target you want (the option is in the dialog)

Thanks,
Jared

Yea see that’s the thing. I don’t have a well centered frame. If I was ‘awake’ I could center the frame manually and use that.

I was just wondering if there was a way or command similar to the ‘center here’ function where I could determine coordinates and use those for centering.

Oh well I will just be more selective on the ‘sample’ image from astrobin narrowing down the selection field to be similar to my setup.

Thanks.