Missing Log File?

I was imaging on 4/6 and had some issue with the focuser (looking at the image header the focuser was moving between images by large amounts) so I wanted to check the log file today 4/8.
There is no log file for 4/6. Only 4/1 and 3/27. I thought maybe I have to shut down SGP first and reopen it. (I left the application running since my last imaging run on 4/6 but disconnected the equipment) After restarting SGP and checking the log folder there is only a file for today (4/8) and 4/1. No log for 4/6, and the logs for 3/27 have vanished!

SGP will purge logs that are older than 2 weeks just to save space. However the logs for 4/6 should still be there, assuming that is when SGP was opened. A new log file is only created when SGP is opened so if SGP was running for a long while then it would not create a new log file every day.

Thanks,
Jared

I typically leave SGP running and just disconnect the equipment. There was no data in any logs for the day in question. Only once I shut down was a log created for today. But it only included today. Is the log file written on exit?

No, it is created when SGP starts and appended until it closes. A new log file is only created when SGP is opened.

Thanks,
Jared

looking at the image headers I found something “odd.”
(I have disabled (or so I believe) auto focus, I just can’t seem to get it working… but that’s a post for another day…)
I have filter offsets set and I use temp compensation. The two filters I looked at were Red and Blue.
Blue is set at position 4650 and red is set to 4610 for an offset of 40 steps. temp compensation is set to -2 steps per degree.
here’s where things get weird…
The sequence started on a blue filter set with a focusing mask to 4625.
the second image with the same filter moved to 4585 with a delta T of only 0.24 degrees.
On following 70 images the focus moved in as expected via temp comp 1 step per half degree.
The filter wheel switched to the red filter and the first image was taken at position 4539, 40 steps below the last blue image. This is as expected by the filter offset. But the second image had moved the focus position all the way out to 4580. Just like with the blue filter previously, for some reason the focuser made a large jump “out” between the first and second exposures and then responded normally to temp comp after that.
Do you have an explanation for this behavior?

This should have been addressed in a fairly recent release. What version of SGP are you running?

Thanks,
Jared

version 303151

I’ve upgraded to 310170, hope that helps??