Moonlite Nightcrawler position

Not sure where to post this but I have am having issues with displaying the current position of a new Moonlite Nightcrawler. I am getting “NaN” with a little degree symbol under Current position. It will connect and rotate, one direction no matter if I reverse directions or not, but can’t figure out why it will not display the position. Any suggestions?

Gerald

Seems a bit odd. Does it show the correct position in the stand alone app for the nitecrawler?
I the position displayed on the nitecrawler screen?

If so, I would try reloading the ascom driver, or do a cable check ??
Focus or Rot position? or both?

Peter

I also use a NiteCrawler and have no issues with rotator position reporting in SGP. I’m using a refractor, so once I got the direction reversed it has worked flawlessly.

What happens if you use the NiteCrawler software to control the rotator, do you see the rotator position?

SGP Devs- It might be worth having a “telescope type”, refractor, reflector, cat, etc., and auto-set the rotator direction with respect to the image orientation.

Late reply. I have tried everything suggested with no luck. It works fine with the SkyX and with the NiteCrawler software. I am using an ES 127mm refractor and have tried reversing directions but no luck. I am sure I will get it figured out, probably something simple.

I have not seen that issue with my NiteCrawler. Have you tried updating your ASCOM drivers and NiteCrawler drivers?

Thanks,
Jared

Jared,

I tried that also.

If you are still having problems, let me know and we can setup a Skype session to resolve this in real time. I can bring up my system and go over all the settings and such.

Craig

May help to post a log too. Also if you use something like POTH or another application with the ASCOM driver does it seem to work?

Thanks,
Jared

Jared,

Sorry that this has taken so long. I tried to get the Nightcrawler Rotator to work again today and have a log attached. I am still getting NaN for the rotator position when it connects and have tried everything I possibly can to get it to work. If I try to move the rotator it just keeps moving in one direction and never stops.

ASCOM.NiteCrawler.0115.002160.txt (10.7 KB)

Ok, finally figured this out. The issue is not with SGP. I have a WR25 and one full rotation is 505,690 units. Those are the units for a WR35. I should be getting 374,920 units per 360 degrees with a WR25. Ron at Moonlite is great so I am sure it will be rectified in no time.

Fixed in about 30 seconds after receiving a code to reset the controller to a W25 from Moonlite in their native program.

I am confused. Did Ron issue new drivers or is there a code I can get? I have a both a NiteCrawler W35 and a LiteCrawler which is the equivalent of the W25 which may be affected.
Thanks,
Kirk

In the Moonlite Nightcrawler utility program under the configuration tab there is a blank box Ron had me put a code in and click send to reset the unit. This sent a command to the controller to set it to a W25.

Thanks. Can you share that code? If not I will just contact Ron if I have the issue.

What he sent me was a one time use.