Mooonlite Night Crawler Rotator Problems...Still

First things first… When working with rotators, things are brutally slow. Especially when it and SGP are not working well together… When a user cancels a slew/center/sync during rotation, PLEASE TO GOD issue a command to the rotator to stop lol. The wait once it rotates past were it is supposed to be is excruciatingly unbearable :pleading_face: :rofl:. As it takes so long for the rotator to do a 360, its faster just to force quite things via task manager and reload the sequence… That is a problem.

Second. This is not the first time I have had problems with SGP and my NiteCrawler 25 rotator. Using 457 and 2 versions of the NC driver, SGP keeps just watching my rotator run past it’s target (with nc driver 6.2.6616) without stoping it. With driver 6.2.6939 it always issues commands in the reverse direction of where it is supposed to go.

I know the drill… will post logs when motivated to zip em and upload em in the morning.

I am using SGP 3.1.0.457 and NiteCrawler 35 with the 6.2.6939 driver.

My settings are “Maximum rotation: 190”, “Minimum rotation: -190” and “Reverse Rotation Direction” is enabled.

When I do a plate solve and synch, the current angle is set as the angle for the rotator. When I want to center a target, I use the “Set Position” command to set the rotator to the angle of my target. I don’t know what kind of automation you use (I don’t check the “Rotate camera” checkbox in the Target Settings dialog box) but this modus operandi is working well.

Best regards,
Ecki

Hello Ecki, thanks for the help. Unfortunately this has no effect.

Description

Today using latest sgp, Moonlight NiteCrawler ASCOM 6.2.6616, ascom 64sp1. COM2 -190 to 190, Rerverse Rotator dirction checked.

Plate solved to 85*

Set rotator to 90*

Rotator decreases 85, 84 83…etc…

Stopped rotator. Go into settings and uncheck reverse direction.

Rotator now displays inverse (275* or something)

Plate solved to 85*

Set rotator to 90*

Rotator increases 86,87,88,89,90,91,92…etc… and continues to do a full rotation until I stop.

Aprox time of issue: 22:45

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.457
.NET: 4.8

Description

Same as last post, except newer driver: Moonlight NiteCrawler ASCOM 6.2.6939 (and latest sgp, ascom 64sp1. COM2 -190 to 190, Rerverse Rotator dirction checked).

Plate solved to 85*

Set rotator to 90*

Rotator decreases 85, 84 83…etc…

Stopped rotator. Go into settings and uncheck reverse direction.

Rotator now displays inverse (275* or something)

Plate solved to 85*

Set rotator to 90*

Rotator increases 86,87,88,89,90,91,92…etc… and continues to do a full rotation until I stop.

Aprox time of issue: 00:25

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.457
.NET: 4.8

Video of the problem (same set up as previous post, driver 6939, but same thing happens with 6616).

I would rehome the rotator. It seem like it may be lost. I had that happen with my NC35 a couple of months back. Similar behavior as you’re seeing, it kept rotating in the same direction no matter what. I’m using the same settings as recommended above:

Thanks,
Jared

Roger that, Jared. Will try re-homing.

Thanks