Moravian 16200 CCD can use with SGP?

Hello, I would like to know that SGPro can use with Moravian 16200 CCD or not ? Thank you

Yes, I have been using the Moravian G3-16200 with SGP for a few months
now. No problems at all.

@joelshort can validate this, but last I checked there was one small idiosyncrasy with Moravian cameras in that the filter wheel will not move to the selected position until integration begins. It causes some folks to think that their CFW is not responding.

This is the same for all ASCOM programs.

Actually I don’t use the Moravian filter wheel, just the camera. But in any event Ken is right.

If you are referring to the filter wheel quirk, that the Moravian FW does not move until the sequence starts, that is not true for other ASCOM filter wheels. My Atik EFW2 happily moves wherever and whenever I tell it to move.

I just bought 16200 and 7 positions filter wheel . if it not work as you said so I have to change to MaximDL?
I heard that it is not show % cooling also . but i’m not sure that Moravian fixed it or not.

The Moravian 16200 and Moravian filter wheel work just fine with SGP DURING A RUNNING SEQUENCE. The one strange thing about the Moravian ASCOM driver is that the filter wheel will not change positions MANUALLY from within SGP but during a running sequence the filter wheel will change positions and work properly. At least that is my understanding from what others have said about the filter wheel.

1 Like

This is probably one of those “optimization” things. Rather than have the filter wheel spinning around uselessly in between frames, just remember the last filter position selected and implement it as part of the “start integration” procedure.

Charlie

I am almost ready to buy a Moravian G3 16200. Can anyone confirm, that the cam works properly with SGP.

Also, earlier in this thread I mentioned that I was not using the Moravian
filter wheel, but I am now. Again, there are no problems with the filter
wheel functioning properly in SGP. There is one minor inconvenience that
is not SGP’s fault but rather the Moravian filter wheel driver. When I
tell the filter wheel to move to a new filter, the wheel will not actually
move unless I then take a frame and focus image. First the wheel moves,
then SGP takes the frame and focus image. The filter wheel works fine
during a running sequence.

For some reason my first reply didn’t come through. I’ve been using a Moravian G3-16200m since last July with no problems at all. It’s a great camera and you will love it.

I’ve been using the Moravian G3-16200m since last July without any issues
at all. It is a great camera and you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks alot for the information. May I ask you I you have a first or second grade sensor.

I have a class 2 sensor. Uncooled the sensor has 2-3 readout columns, but
cooling to just 0C eliminates those columns. I normally image at -20C on
all but the warmest summer nights so these columns are never a problem. In
my opinion there isn’t much reason to get the class 1 over class 2.

I really thank you alot for your information. You helped me alot taking the desicion. Have a great day.

Oh I forgot something. With my QSI 683 wsg I use the autofocus routine from SGP. I hope, that this function will also work with the g3 16200 with correct filter changing.

The cooling on the camera is quite good. I regularly get to -40C from
ambient. But if you live in a hot and/or humid environment you might want
to get the enhanced cooling option on the camera.

Thanks for the info. Can you say something about the autofocus routine, fully automated with changing filter during an imagin session. Does this work with the G3.

Yes, everything camera related works fine in SGP.

Autofocus works the same as with any other camera and is fully automated.