Mosaic centering will fail after meridian flip

I tried the 2.6.0.3 , it did flip and center, but the centering seemed WAY more than my 50 pixel limit and when I centered later manually it was much closer to the original centering before the flip.

Around 9:39:22

thanks,

Dennis

@Dennis1951

Took a look through the logs and it seems SGPro is doing what it should. Slew, solve repeat. It might be an issue with your EQMOD setup. There is no convergence which usually indicates that SGPro is fighting with a model.

Hi Ken,

When you say …Look at your EQMOD setup…do you have any suggestions as to what might be messed up to cause a “convergence” problem . I have eqmod setup according to your help file suggestions. I had the same problem the next night so I just clicked on Try Again and it solved the problem with ONE extra try .

thanks,

Dennis

Unfortunately I don’t. There seems to be a few things that need to be set correctly to let EQMOD have another app bypass its model. I would recommend that you use the “Offset” sync behavior in the beta, but that’s broken right now. My familiarity with EQMOD is limited at best. Because of this we came up with a setup cheat sheet to help:

http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/UsingEQMODwithSGPro.html

I checked my eqmod settings , they were messed up so I changed them to SGP recommendations . The Flip seemed much better , but once again the centering didn’t work . You suggested using OFFSET as the Sync Behavior but you said it is broken right now. Do you have any idea when it might be “fixed” ?? Thanks. Using 2.6.0.8 .

What would you recommend until the fix ??

Dennis

I should be able to release a new beta this evening. It will be 2.6.0.9

OK…really confused now …with your latest update …which Sync Behavior do you suggest I use with EQMOD ??

thanks,

Dennis

Last night I tried a Meridian Flip which I thought worked beautifully BUT when I checked the first 3 subs , the centering was WAY OFF . I think it was the RA only. When this happened a while back you said it was multiple targets and was able to fix it in the next update. It worked a couple of times but then I couldn’t center at all until 2.6.0.10 .

I did notice that my guiding was VERY much improved , don’t know if the latest sgp had anything to do with that.

I am using EQMOD and version 2.6.0.10 sgp. Using Sync Behavior : Target Offset

Log: Flip starts around 10:29:28

I just reread your “changes” in 1.6.0.10. Are you saying that the “broken” Scope Offset is still broken ?? If so , then that would explain my previous post.

thanks,

Dennis

It is still broken, but you indicated you were using “Target Offset”, not “Scope Offset”. Is that true?

Well I tried the Scope Offset and it didn’t work so I switched to Target Offset and that ALMOST worked. Tonight was multiple problems, it even refused to Meriidian Flip . It also refused to work with Stellarium properly…hmmmmm.

Ken,

I read the follow that you wrote for another user: " The other thing of note, and what would help you, is using recovery mode. SGPro will fail to center after the flip and then enter recovery mode. The next attempt (presumably 5 or 10 minutes) should be plenty of time to work out the backlash and recover properly."

Do you think that might work for me too ?? Just let it go into recovery mode and see if it is just a backlash problem ??

Dennis

@Dennis1951

I don’t think so. I think you are seeing an actual bug with the new sync behavior settings. @Jared and I are studying the logs to better understand the failure to converge.

tried using version 2.6.0.8 last night. Did the same thing. Flipped and said it was centered according to 50 pixel error …but it was hundreds of pixels off in the RA only. I immediately did another centering routine and it corrected the difference in a couple of tries.

Starts around 10:30pm…I think.

Still having the same problem. Anyone out there have any idea why ???

Problem: After a flip the RA centereing is way off by hundreds of pixels. See above logs. I am using EQMOD, which I guess is not playing nice with SGP. It use to work just fine.

Dennis

Hi Ken,

Noticed another beta was released. Do you have any idea when the “busted” sync behavior settings might get fixed ??

Thanks,

Dennis

Soon, I hope. This is one of those issues that needs to be written and tested under the night sky. Neither of us has had the time to set up and do this as of late.

For now just use sync. Also, I don’t believe EQMOD users have a need to use either of the two sync options.

Thanks,
Jared

well, for what it’s worth. I went all the way back to 2.5.1.17 and my centering problem after a FLIP has gone away. Three separate targets on three separate nights and all is well.

I will try the newest version and see what happens.

Your issue likely has nothing to do with Offset. See this thread:

Thanks
Jared