Mosaic Wizzard

This is the first time I am using the Mosaic Wizzard. No difficulty setting up a four tile mosaic with a 30% overlap on M31. I am using my Atik 414EX with a William Optics 0.8 Reducer on a William Optics 102 mm refractor. When I attempt to stitch the four tiles I am only able to stitch tiles 1/2, and 3/4 (the horizontal tile sets). When I attempt to stitch 1/3 or 2/4 the stitching fails. I then reverse Plate Solved my images and discovered that 1/3 and 2/4 had no overlap. I am attaching screen shots of those results. Is it possible for you to give me some advice on what I might be doing wrong? I did check the original RA and DEC of the defined Mosaic. They all had overlap for my setup.

Was your rotation angle correct? IE does the angle of your solves match the angle that you initially used for setting up the mosaic?

It looks like you have a LOT of horizontal overlap but no vertical overlap. Which is generally caused by the camera angle being 90 degrees off.

Thanks,
Jared

1 Like

Hi, As Jared said there is no vertical overlap and looking at your screenshots, you may be using the mosaic wizard incorrectly. You need to drag a larger selection to cover the area you want to image and the wizard plots the correct frames with your selected overlap. See my example…

http://www.mikeoates.org/sgp/mosaic.jpg

Mike

1 Like