Mount doesn't park when end time is set

Hello there,

Last night I tried setting up a start and stop time to automate my rig a bit futher. I’ve set a start and stop time and the sequence indeed started end ended on those times. In the ‘Equipment Profile Manager’ I’ve setup my rig and configured under the tab ‘Telescope’ the checkmark that says ‘Park telescope when sequence completes’. This is confusing, even in the help it is confusing. Does it only end when all events in the sequence are complete or also when an end time is set? The problem that I’m having is that the sequence indeed has stopped but it didn’t park the mount.

When I click ‘Park’ in EQMOD the mount does go to my park position. I’ve been reading the log and couldn’t find anything that has something to do with parking the mount. Please find attached the log file: sg_logfile_20170618233536.txt (507.1 KB).

So the main question is: should the mount be parked at the set time eventhough not all events are completed or should the mount only park when all events are completed?

Both should cause the mount to park.

From your log it appears that the mount was not set to park when the sequence completed (but this could have been set after the sequence started):

[06-18-17 23:36:12.067][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] bParkTelescopeWhenDone: False

Other than that everything seems ok.

Thanks,
Jared

Where do I set to park the mount then? I’ve set it in the EPM and also on the control panel. Why does the log then state otherwise? Should I also set in somewhere in the sequence?

If it’s set in the Equipment Profile Manager then it should come through and be populated in the Sequence Control Panel.

If you click the “Park” button on the Telescope Tab in SGP does that park your mount?

Thanks,
Jared

That checkbox has been set, I even restarted SGP to be sure the next time it would pick up the setting. I will try the park button in SGP tomorrow :slight_smile: .

Thanks for the help so far!

It could be a logging bug. I’ll double check this evening.

Still it doesn’t explain why it didn’t park if it was checked. Were you at the scope when the sequence completed? Did you see the “End of Sequence” dialog pop up?

Thanks,
Jared

I didn’t see the popup appear as I was sleeping and trusting the software :slight_smile: . Also I don’t remember if there was a popup when I woke up… I will check once it’s clear again!

Ok, that popup gives you an opportunity to “Skip the End of Sequence” options. I was mostly just checking to make sure you didn’t bypass them (as it includes parking the mount)

Thanks,
Jared

Last night I had the chance to test again. After the run the scope didn’t park once more. I’m not sure again if the “Skip the End of Sequence” options dialog appeared, as I was sleeping and there’s a timeout of just 30 seconds there. I did test the ‘park’ button under the telescope view and that just worked fine.

I noticed that the sequence was “paused” this morning because it stopped at the given time. Does this mean that “paused” is not the same as “end of sequence” and thus doesn’t park the scope? Please find attached the log file.

Please noet that “[07-02-17 23:47:50.697][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] bParkTelescopeWhenDone: False” is still appearing in the log file… Even though my settings state otherwise…

sg_logfile_20170702234635.txt (625.8 KB)

Another update. I’ve created a completely new profile. I selected “Park telescope when sequence completes” in the telescope section. So I expect the telescope parks when I set an end time, even though the sequence is not complete. But it still doesn’t park after a set end time. Please find attached the log file: sg_logfile_20170804223516.txt (110.2 KB)

The end of sequence popup appeared at the end time and said it will run end of sequence options, but parking wasn’t once of them.

Also all manual steps do work, parking using telescope control in SGP works just fine. Setting a timer in EQMOD also works perfectly fine.

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong… Can someone please help me? Thanks!

I just found something. Where do I put the end time? Do I put it here using the Target Settings?

Or do I put the end time here in the sequence settings:

My friend uses the Target Settings option and that all just seems to work for him. I also used to use that but it doesn’t work for me.

There are sequences, targets and events.
A sequence can have several targets and each target has several events (unique combo of filter, exposure, binning etc)

You can have set start stop times for each target, or an overall one for the sequence. Generally my sequences only have one event, so it does not make any difference. When I’m chasing a subject and it is already in the west when I start imaging, I’ll image that one first and then stop that target and start the next, using the times, when it gets close to my imaging horizon.

I understand what you say :slight_smile: . I start to understand where I should put the end time. I think it is the sequence because I completely fill the sequence with a single target and multiple events for each filter. Tonight is clear once more, so I’ll try again with the sequence end time. Hopefully that helps for me.

Otherwise I might just change my options and set just as many frames I’d like for that night so the sequence always ends.

I found the problem! The problem was the sequence itself. I could set any time on an event, target or sequence and the mount would never park. Parking the mount using the telescope control worked just fine. Also parking using eqmod worked just fine.

I found the issue when I created a new sequence with just a single event and 1 frame and single target. It would park! I upped the amount of frames, set an end time anywhere and it works fine. I added multiple events and targets and it works fine. I went back to the other sequence and the mount wouldn’t want to park anymore. I picked the new sequence and all the mount parks again.

For some reason the sequence is broken. Do the developers want the broken sequence file for research? Then I shall upload it here.

When was this sequence initially constructed? There were some upgrades to SGP that required old stored sequences to be equally updated (there is a function to do that in the menu). It might be something to do with that.

The creation date of the sequence file is the 13th of June, 2017. Not sure if that was before those upgrades though…

zwik - no, the changes happened some time ago - I’ll have to check since time flies, maybe last year even.

In that case that wasn’t the cause right? Guess the sequence file got corrupted another way?