Mount is parked or not tracking message

You think unpair command from sgp?

I’m not allowed to reply:

Encourage everyone to get involved in the conversation

You’ve replied 3 times to @Ewap in this particular topic!

A great discussion involves many voices and perspectives. Can you get anybody else involved?

And don’t forget, if you’d like to continue your conversation with this particular user at length outside of public view, send them a personal message.

Ugh, I’ll see if we can disable that. Likely a forum upgrade enabled that or something.

I have not seen this error myself. Seems at least somewhat sporadic and maybe (generally) focused around older iOptron mounts? Removing the popup may cause other issues as it seems like the mount is now unresponsive. As in the example above even if it is tracking it doesn’t seem to be responding to our commands (which I would expect if the mount thought it was tracking).

I’ll also say on my CEM120EC that I have had some weirdness around parked/tracking. One night I parked the mount, checked on it the next morning and it was indeed still tracking but the driver was stating it was parked.

Thanks,
Jared

Yes, it may be the same as the messages welcoming new people etc.

As for what I think looks like driver issues, one thing that may help is if users with this were to run the ASCOM Conform application. This runs a comprehensive check on the operation of the mount.
Details and a download are available here:
https://ascom-standards.org/Developer/Conformance.htm
It generates a file in Documents\ASCOM\Log [date]\Conform [time].txt

Hi;

Do you guys still have that problem? I normally turn off the mount connection after centering but yesterday I left it on and didn’t have an issue. Did it get fixed? or did I just get lucky?
I use the Ascom Synscan mobile.

Michel