Mount parking during imaging - how to determine why

Twice in the last week while imaging my mount became parked for some reason, ruining the imaging run. I’m using APCC, the AP ASCOM driver (both at the latest version), SGP (the .23 version), and PHD (the latest dev release) for guiding. When the mount is parked guiding cannot start so the sequence stops.

I will look in all four debug log files to see if I can determine which application requested the park. In the SGP and PHD driver log files, what should I be looking for? I have looked in the files before but don’t know what the park-related commands are.

I will post a similar message in the AP group asking what to look for in their log files.

Eric

Eric,

Are you sure that the park operation was the cause? It’s not abnormal for imaging applications to park the mount. To resume operations the application just needs to unpark then enable tracking.

Since you are running APCC, autoparking can occur if APCC loses the connection or closes down for X number of minutes. This could happen if you have APCC configured to exit after the driver exits, and all applications have disconnected from the driver (but later they could have reconnected to the driver).

-Ray

@EricC PHD2 never tells a mount to park so you can rule that out right away.