Mount settle time - does nothing

Hi all,
Just bought SGP. My mount has a bit of backlash in RA, and i have set the mount settle time to 20 seconds to test how long it needs. Problem is, the setting just doesn’t do anything (noticed this with plate solving settings too.)
I can’t plate solve properly without a delay! Please help!

If you made the change in Equipment Profile manager you must apply the profile to the sequence in order for it to be applied to that sequence. This is true for ANY changes made to the equipment profile.

If the profile is NOT applied to a sequence after making changes in the profile the sequence continues on with the last profile applied.

At least I think this is the case.

The settings should be under “Telescope” Mount Settiling time" in seconds.

Thanks, that makes sense. How do I set a sequence to use a profile? I couldn’t find a setting for it

It’s a little ‘hidden’ its under “Files”, “Apply profile to sequence”. That opens a dialog box where you choose the appropriate profile.

Also when you have your sequence open double check the header to assure that the correct profile is indeed applied.

Good luck.

Just making sure, is the settle time what i think it does? lets the mount settle(wait) for x amount of time after slewing?

Basically yes.

I put a mount settle time of about 30 seconds after a slew and a pause of 10 seconds at less that .3 pixels for dither.