Multiple Instances of SGP

Hello,

I apologize for being repetitive, but I can’t seem to run multiple instances (need two to be exact) of SGP. One to run my ES102 Piggy Back with my ASI 1600 and the other to run my GSO 12"RC camera with my Moravian G3 16200. I want to use the 12" RC as the main imaging train for guiding with the OAG and telescope control but want to use SGP for the Piggy Back ES 102 setup which will soon be upgraded to a TAK FSQ 102. When I try to launch two instances it bombs out. I am okay with purchasing another license if that is what it takes, but am afraid it will still bomb out. I know others have told me that it works for them but it does not work for me. Right now I use the expensive dinosaur Maxim DL latest release and all I really need to do is add the functionality of auto focus when I change filters, but can’t seem to get anyone at Maxim DL to help. All George wants to do is sell me more stuff from their co conspirators.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated since I want to stop using Maxim DL.

Thanks

You should be able to open two (or more) instances of SGP without any
problems, so this is a troubleshooting issue not a licensing issue. Is a
log generated from the second instance at all? Or does it not even start?

It does not start. It just bombs out. I will have to copy the exact error message tonight and see if there is a log. I tried to run both instances as administrator and it still does not work. I want to improve my images with both scopes by focusing upon the shifting of filters. I have problems with the ES102 in blue because it is not that well corrected. thanks for the reply. I will get back to this tonight.

I don’t know what version this was fixed in, but awhile back I reported a bug where if you have “Allow external control of telescope” enabled (when enabled, the setting’s label changes to “Listening 192.xxx.xx.x”) under the telescope tab, and then trying to launch a second instance of SGP, it would cause an unhandled Exception dialog.

Could this be your problem? I have no problems opening two instances when that option is disabled. What version of SGP are you using?

HomerPepsi,

I hope that is the issue. I do have allow external control of the telescope enabled. I am using a recent version. I will check that tonight. I owe you if that is the issue. I hope so.

Joel,

Thanks for the offer of help…

However HomerPepsi,

You Da Man. It worked! I am ecstatic. This is a huge deal since I will be able to separately focus the blue in my ASI 1600.

Farewell and good riddance Maxim DL and Pinpoint for that matter. Plate Solve 2 is absolutely spectacular.

1 Like